Saturday, January 9, 2016

Stash Bee 2016 Hive 8 - January Block

Another new project for 2016.

Here is the block I made for Laura, the January queen bee for Hive 8!

The directions were really clear and result in a 14 inch block.

I had lots of teal and neutrals and sent her a photo so she could pre-approve the fabric.

She reminded me of the trick to change the photo to black and white. There was one fabric that was way too dark that I had in the neutrals, so it was out of the running for her block.

I found out she usually does not pre-wash her fabric so that made the decision on which ones to use easier and the block went together easily!

I'm having fun thinking about what block I will be asking the others to make for me in July.

I had wanted to make two blocks for her, but instead will send along some fabric that she may decide to include in this project or another.

------

I decided to make a block for myself each month too.  I'm going to use polka dot materials and the neutrals as the background.  Hopefully it come together in a nice finish at the end of the year.  I sewed the little HST triangles for myself too.  They may come in handy!

14 inch block





2 comments:

  1. Such a good idea! Polka dotted stars will be such fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I figure it will be nice to have some tangible as a memory of the experience...!

      Delete

Feedback is welcome!